Curling Specific Disability Inclusion Training (for Coaches)
Inspiring Coaches to make curling accessible to all.
The overall aim of this workshop is to ensure that disabled people get great quality coaching and opportunities within Curling. The three hour session combines theory with a practical session, which will help you to apply the Sports Inclusion Model and STEP tools to the curling environment. This will give you ideas about how to develop and adapt curling activities for participants with a range of abilities.
Within the workshop you will cover:
- Perceptions and Experiences
- Good coaching practice and the implications
- Challenges to and solutions for participation
- Key points around legislation relating to coaching and volunteering in sport
- Disability Sport pathways and classification
- Where to go for further help and guidance
- The application of this to a practical environment
The workshop aims to increase the number of coaches and helpers who feel confident to lead and assist at curling sessions specifically for disabled Curlers, as well as how to include curlers with a disability in general club or try curling/curling’s cool sessions. Attendance at a ‘Ready, Steady, Curl’ course is recommended for helpers without a coaching qualification. For qualified coaches this course goes towards your required CPD.
The course content has been developed with Scottish Disability Sport who have run Disability Inclusion courses for many other sports.
To apply for a place please complete the online form below: