Introduction to Umpiring Course
A one day course designed to give the skills to those wishing to achieve Level 1 and 2 certification after appropriate practical experience, but also offer an insight and greater understanding of the rules of the game for those playing/coaching in events where umpiring is very much ‘part of the game’. There will also be an on ice section for measuring work and game timing.
- The Rules of curling and their interpretation.
- Use of equipment including radio handsets, stop watches, score sheets etc.
- Use of time clocks, stop watches, and record sheets.
- Checking of measuring equipment and correct procedures in their use.
- Hog line procedures and correct calling of violations.
- Code of dress and personal equipment.
- A new 2018/2019 Rule Book
- Notebook and pen
- Stop watch (if possible)
- Curling shoes and warm jacket for on ice measuring work
- Please download Curl Time on a laptop and bring to the course
To apply for a place please complete the online form below: